The Henderson Lions Club meets each Tuesday at 12:00 Noon at Worsham Hall 215 North Elm Street. In addition to the business meeting, there is always an interesting and informative program. Prospective members are always welcome. Visitors are always welcome.
The Henderson Lions Club (often referred to as "The City Lions") is a community service organization dedicated to The Henderson Lions Club motto: "We Serve". The objectives of The Henderson Lions Club are:
• To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
• To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
• To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
• To unite the club in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
• To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
• To encourage service-minded men and women to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works, and private endeavors.
Women are encouraged to join and be a part of the Henderson Lions Club.
The primary purpose of our club is to promote the conservation of eyesight. To this end, we provide assistance and financing for vision exams and eyeglasses for men, women and children of the community without sufficient financial resources. We also assist such individual with cataract surgeries, cornea transplants, and other vision related needs. We provide free eye screenings to all third and fifth grade students in
The Henderson Lions Club also provides support to many other charitable agencies and programs within
The Henderson Lions Club raises funds for its charitable activities through a number of fundraisers. Our major fundraiser, the annual television auction, is conducted in February of each year. We also engage in lemonade sales at various community functions, such as the Tri-Fest, Bluegrass Festival, etc. All funds raised by such activities are used exclusively for the club's charitable and community service endeavors, and is maintained in a separate account. Membership activities are funded exclusively by the dues paid by the members.
The Henderson Lions Club has approximately 80 active members and 14 at-large members. The leadership for the club is provided by a slate of officers and a board of directors.
The initial enrollment fee is $135.00 (which covers the first quarter). After the first quarter, there is a quarterly fee of $95.00 which covers thirteen meals ($84.00) and international dues ($11.00). Each member receives a Lions pin, a badge, and a wallet membership card.
International Association of Lions Clubs Constitution and By-Laws: (Article III - Membership, Section 3)
Only persons of legal majority and of good moral character and good reputation in his/her community may be granted membership in any duly authorized Lions Club. Membership shall be by invitation only.
A prospective Lions Club member must:
• Be at least twenty-one years old.
• Abide by The
• Maintain good moral character and a good reputation in the community.
• Promptly pay his or her dues.
•Support the Club's Officers and Directors with enthusiasm, commitment and encouragement.
• Work assigned duties at the Annual Lions Club Auction.
• If a Board Member or Director, attend all board meetings, both regular and called.
• All Lions Club members are encouraged to strive for perfect attendance.
• Members are expected to attend regular meetings as often and as regularly as possible.
• Members who attend a minimum of 52 meetings are eligible for a perfect attendance pin. (Meetings include regular club meetings, regular board meetings, called board meetings, Committee meetings, or other club activities).
If you are interested in becoming a member, you are invited to be our guest at one of our club meetings. A member of our club will serve as your sponsor at that meeting. For more information about our Lions Club and becoming a member, you may simply contact any Henderson Lions Club member.
Lions Club Calendar
Make A Donation
Thank you for your donation.
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.